Worried About Industry Barriers? Get a Head Start.
Private equity (PE) is a prestigious industry that exerts significant influence in the business world and political arena. There is high demand for jobs in PE, but few positions are available each year. MLT is helping more talented and unquestionably qualified underrepresented minorities gain access to these high-trajectory careers. Our new Private Equity Programming (PEP) provides participants with the coaching and connections needed to enter the investor track at the associate level. The recruiting process starts early—often while students are still in college. We encourage interested individuals to apply as soon as possible.
Expert coaching that will prepare you for success in the PE recruiting process, and in the workplace environment
Targeted skill development to give you a competitive edge
A lasting community of peers and mentors who will provide ongoing support
The seven-month program is designed to prepare participants for a successful transition into private equity, as they continue to work full-time in their current role. There are no participant fees for MLT’s Private Equity Programming.
- Monthly coach calls, during which Fellows will learn the roadmap to becoming an investor and position themselves to transition into private equity
- 2-3 in-person events, in New York City, where participants will network with private equity professionals and recruiters
- Connections to mentors, peers, and recruiters at top private equity firms
- It is also advisable to spend 2-3 hours per month connecting with peers and industry professionals to build a network within the private equity industry
- African American, Latinx, and Native American college students and entry-level professionals
- Students who will graduate from college in Spring 2020 or early career professionals who graduated in 2018 or 2019
- Ideal candidates have a full-time offer or 1-2 years of full-time experience in investment banking, venture capital, asset management, or management consulting
- MLT alumni, as well as those individuals who meet the above criteria, and have not completed an MLT program
Are you ready to break into the Private Equity industry? Applications for the 2020 class will open in Spring 2020.
Additional partners will be announced soon.
For questions, please email us at PrivateEquityFellowship@ml4t.org.