MLT Ascend is a college success and career readiness program for low-income and first-generation college students who identify as Black, Latinx, or Native American.
The program is provided at NO COST to students and includes professional one-on-one college-to-career coaching, community-building events, access to prestigious employers for internships, professional skill development workshops, scholarships, and career-specific mentorship through MLT Alumni.
Interested in MLT Ascend?
- Priority Deadline – April 28th | Begin working with a coach by June 2023
- 2nd Round Deadline – June 5th | Begin working with a coach by July 2023
- Final Deadline – August 1 | Begin working with a coach by mid-August 2023
To apply for MLT Ascend, individuals must meet the following criteria for eligibility:
- Be nominated by an MLT community partner or referred by an MLT Alumni or staff member – see list below
- Be a current college freshman or current sophomore attending a 4-year university or attending a community college with intent to transfer to a 4-year university.
- Have a minimum college GPA of 2.8 (cumulative) or compelling evidence of academic achievement*
- Identify as Black, Latinx, Native American or multi-racial
- Identify as low and moderate-income and/or first-generation (neither parent earned a college degree)
*For applicants with a college GPA below 2.8, consideration may be given to one’s cumulative high school record, standardized test scores, academic honors, or demonstrated improvement in the current semester or summer courses.
Ascend Community Partners & Nominating Universities
- Gary Comer College Prep
- iMentor Chicago
- LINK Unlimited
- OneGoal Chicago
New York City:
- CollegeBound Initiative
- iMentor NYC
- KIPP NYC
- Eagle Academy Foundation
- College Track
- iMentor Bay Area
- KIPP Northern California
- OneGoal Bay Area
- 10,000 Degrees
- Georgetown University
- Howard University