MLT Ascend is a college success and career preparation program for low-income and first-generation college students who identify as Black, Latinx, or Native American.
The program includes one-on-one and group support, access to prestigious employers for internships, skills development seminars and training, and exposure to the MLT national network.
The next application will open in 2023.
To apply for MLT Ascend, individuals must meet the following criteria for eligibility:
- Be nominated by an MLT community or university partner – see list below
- Be a rising college sophomore or junior attending a 2 year college or 4 year university for the 2022-2023 academic year.
- Have a minimum college GPA of 2.8 (cumulative) or compelling evidence of academic achievement*
- Identify as Black, Latinx, Native American or multi-racial
- Identify as low and moderate-income and/or first-generation (neither parent earned a college degree)
*For applicants with a college GPA below 2.8, consideration may be given to one’s cumulative high school record, standardized test scores, academic honors, or demonstrated improvement in the current semester or summer courses.
Ascend Community Partners & Nominating Universities
- Gary Comer College Prep
- iMentor Chicago
- LINK Unlimited
- OneGoal Chicago
New York City:
- CollegeBound Initiative
- iMentor NYC
- KIPP NYC
- Eagle Academy Foundation
- College Track
- iMentor Bay Area
- KIPP Northern California
- OneGoal Bay Area
- 10,000 Degrees
- Georgetown University
- Howard University