How much is the MBA Prep application fee?
The application fee is $105 which you will pay upon completion of your application.
How much does participation in the MBA Prep program cost?
The MBA Prep Traditional program fee is $1000, and the Accelerated program fee is $3000.
When can I apply?
The MBA Prep Traditional and Accelerated 2025 applications are now open for those looking to start business school in Fall 2025.
Deadlines for MBA Prep 2025 Traditional & Accelerated Application (Fall 2025 MBA start date)
- October 18, 2023
- January 10, 2024
- October 18, 2023
- January 10, 2024
- April 25, 2024
- June 10, 2024
- Rolling until September 1, 2024
Note: For those seeking to begin their MBA in Fall 2024, MBA Prep Accelerated is currently accepting applications until September 1st, 2023.
How do I apply?
Visit our “How to Apply” page.
What are the requirements for MBA Prep?
MLT’s MBA Prep program is open to candidates who meet all of these requirements:
- Ethnicity: Identification as African American/Black, Latine/Hispanic, and/or Native American
- Citizenship: U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, DACA or TPS participant
- Educational Status: Plan on applying to a domestic, full-time MBA program.
- Academic Achievement: Bachelor’s degree required; those with strong academic standing are encouraged to apply
- Work Experience: At least one year of post-undergraduate work experience is required to apply. If you have less than one year of work experience, please sign up below to receive early notice about opportunities for next year’s program
- Leadership: Demonstrated leadership experience through community involvement, participation with community service organizations, academic organizations, or professional/work associations
- Test Results: MBA Prep Traditional candidates should have at least one official test score at or above 500 (GMAT); 150 Quant / 150 Verbal (GRE); or 150 (Executive Assessment, EA).
- Only candidates with a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher may apply to MBA Prep Traditional without a score. All admitted Fellows are required to have an official score by May 1, 2024 (even those who are eligible to apply without a score). Candidates without an official score will be heavily reviewed on other criteria. Decisions are final.
- Official scores are required for Accelerated applications. Accelerated candidates should apply with a 680+ (GMAT), 162 Quant / 162 Verbal (GRE), or 155 (EA). You can view our full testing policy on the How To Apply page.
How is my acceptance determined?
The MBA Prep application evaluation process is very similar to the MBA admissions review process. It is holistic, meaning readers have access to and concurrently review all aspects of your application portfolio before making any assessment.
What if I did not take an official test yet?
Candidates will receive an admissions decision based on the materials they submit—even if you apply without a GMAT, GRE or EA. Candidates without an official score will be heavily reviewed on other criteria. Decisions are final.
Do you offer test prep help?
Yes! Visit the Test Prep page for more info.
What happens after I complete MBA Prep?
After MBA Prep, there is a natural transition into MLT’s MBA Professional Development (MBA PD) program. The MBA PD program is for individuals who are accepted to business school, as it focuses on pre-MBA internship and full-time recruiting as well as further career exploration.
What is MBA Prep?
MLT’s MBA Prep programs provide Black, Latinx, and Native American professionals with personalized guidance and effective tools to successfully navigate the business school application process, and optimize their MBA experience.
How long is the MBA Prep Program?
With the standard offering, the program lasts about 12 months. The Accelerated program can be completed in 6-9 months.
What is MBA Prep’s b-school acceptance rate?
97% of MBA Prep Fellows were admitted to a partner school.
Who are the MBA Prep coaches?
Scroll down to the bottom of the MBA Prep page to learn more about our MBA Prep coaches.
Are there any MBA Prep events I can attend?
Check out our Events page for any upcoming events.
Why do I need MBA Prep?
When you compare MLT’s MBA Prep program to private admissions counseling organizations and consulting groups, the choice is clear. The access MLT offers directly to top business schools, industry partners and incredibly talented peers is unparalleled. The MBA Prep program is designed to change and enhance your career trajectory, but it’s also designed to change YOU.
What are the benefits of MBA Prep?
- Personalized coaching to develop a winning game plan for admission
- Access to top MBA program admissions officers at three seminars that are hosted by our business school and corporate partners
- Deep experience and knowledge to cultivate personal clarity and help fellows identify which schools are the best fit
- A network of high-performing peers in the MLT community
What are seminars, and when are they held?
Each seminar tackles a different part of the MBA application process. Attendance and participation at each seminar is mandatory. Seminar 1 (the MBA Prep Kickoff) is held in March. Seminar 2 is held in June and includes unique opportunities to network with admissions officers. Seminar 3 is held in July/August, and will be your last time with everyone in one space. Seminars allow you to connect with your coach, fellow cohort members, and broader MBA Prep class in person.
Who are MLT’s Business schools partners?
MLT has more than 30 business school partners, many of which are top 10, top 25, or top 5 schools. Our MBA Prep Fellows connect directly with members of their Admissions Committees as they prepare for application success. Visit the Partners page to view a list of our Graduate Business School Partners.
Ready to apply? Apply Now