How much is the MBA Prep application fee?
The application fee is $105 which you will pay upon completion of your application.
How much does participation in the MBA Prep program cost?
The traditional program fee is $1000, and the Accelerated program fee is $3000.
When can I apply?
Apply when you are ready to submit your strongest application.
- Round 1 Deadline: October 18, 2022
- Round 2 Deadline: January 10, 2023
How do I apply?
Visit our “How to Apply” page.
What are the requirements for MBA Prep?
MLT’s MBA Prep program is open to candidates who meet all of these requirements:
- Ethnicity: Identification as African American/Black, Latinx/Hispanic, and/or Native American
- Citizenship: U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, DACA or TPS participant
- Educational Status: Plan on applying to a domestic, full-time MBA program. To join MBA Prep’s class of 2024, you must enroll in an MBA Program with a start date of Fall 2024.
- Academic Achievement: Bachelor’s degree required; those with strong academic standing are encouraged to apply
- Work Experience: At least one year of post-undergraduate work experience is required to apply. If you have less than one year of work experience, please sign up below to receive early notice about opportunities for next year’s program
- Leadership: Demonstrated leadership experience through community involvement, participation with community service organizations, academic organizations, or professional/work associations
- Test Results: Plan to have an official GMAT, GRE, or EA score of at least 500 by June 1, 2023. Candidates may apply to MBA Prep traditional without a score but official scores are required for Accelerated (680+).
How is my acceptance determined?
The MBA Prep application evaluation process is very similar to the MBA admissions review process. It is holistic, meaning readers have access to and concurrently review all aspects of your application portfolio before making any assessment.
What if I did not take an official test yet?
Candidates will receive an admissions decision based on the materials they submit—even if you apply without a GMAT, GRE or EA. Candidates without an official score will be heavily reviewed on other criteria. Decisions are final.
Do you offer test prep help?
Yes! Visit the GMAT/GRE Test prep page for more info.
What happens after I complete MBA Prep?
After MBA Prep, there is a natural transition into MLT’s MBA Professional Development (MBA PD) program. The MBA PD program is for individuals who are accepted to business school, as it focuses on pre-MBA internship and full-time recruiting as well as further career exploration.
What is MBA Prep?
MLT’s MBA Prep programs provide Black, Latinx, and Native American professionals with personalized guidance and effective tools to successfully navigate the business school application process, and optimize their MBA experience.
How long is the MBA Prep Program?
With the standard offering, the program lasts about 12 months. The Accelerated program can be completed in 6-9 months.
What is MBA Prep’s b-school acceptance rate?
98% of our MBA Prep Fellows are accepted into a Top-10 partner business school. 96% of our MBA Prep Accelerated Fellows were admitted into a Top 10 partner business school.
Who are the MBA Prep coaches?
Scroll down to the bottom of the MBA Prep page to learn more about our MBA Prep coaches.
Are there any MBA Prep events I can attend?
Check out our Events page for any upcoming events.
Why do I need MBA Prep?
When you compare MLT’s MBA Prep program to private admissions counseling organizations and consulting groups, the choice is clear. The access MLT offers directly to top business schools, industry partners and incredibly talented peers is unparalleled. The MBA Prep program is designed to change and enhance your career trajectory, but it’s also designed to change YOU.
What are the benefits of MBA Prep?
- Personalized coaching to develop a winning game plan for admission
- Access to top MBA program admissions officers at three seminars that are hosted by our business school and corporate partners
- Deep experience and knowledge to cultivate personal clarity and help fellows identify which schools are the best fit
- A network of high-performing peers in the MLT community
What are seminars, and when are they held?
Each seminar tackles a different part of the MBA application process. Attendance and participation at each seminar is mandatory. Seminar 1 (the MBA Prep Kickoff) is held in March. Seminar 2 is held in June and includes unique opportunities to network with admissions officers. Seminar 3 is held in July/August, and will be your last time with everyone in one space. Seminars allow you to connect with your coach, fellow cohort members, and broader MBA Prep class in person.
Who are MLT’s Business schools partners?
MLT has more than 30 business school partners, many of which are top 10, top 25, or top 5 schools. Our MBA Prep Fellows connect directly with members of their Admissions Committees as they prepare for application success. Visit the Partners page to view a list of our Graduate Business School Partners.
Ready to apply? Apply Now