How much is the MBA Prep application fee?
The Application Fee is $105 dollars which is paid upon completion of your application.
How much does MBA Prep cost?
The traditional program fee is $1000, and the Accelerated program fee is $3000.
When can I apply?
Apply when you can submit the best application.
Round 1: August
Round 2: September
Round 3: October
How do I apply?
Visit our “How to Apply” page.
What are the requirements for MBA Prep?
To be eligible for the MBA Prep program, one must:
- Identify as a Black/African-American, Hispanic/Latinx, and/or Native American/Indigenous Alaskan or Hawaiian Native.
- Be a US Citizen, Permanent Resident, or DACA Recipient.
- Plan on applying to a domestic, full-time MBA program. To join MBA Prep’s class of 2023, you must enroll in an MBA Program with a start date of Fall 2023.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree.
- Have 1+ years of post-undergrad work experience. 3-5 years of work experience is only recommended for the traditional MBA Prep program, but it’s required for MBA Prep Accelerated.
- Have an official GMAT score of 500+ or GRE equivalent for standard (680+ for Accelerated).
How is my acceptance determined?
The MBA Prep application evaluation process is very similar to the MBA admissions review process. It is holistic, meaning readers have access to and concurrently review all aspects of your application portfolio before making any assessment.
What if I did not take the GMAT?
Candidates who submit their application without an official GMAT/GRE (500+ minimum) and move past the initial review stage must submit an official test score. Candidates will receive an admissions decision based on the materials they submit—even if you apply without a GMAT or GRE. Decisions are final.
Do you offer GMAT help?
Yes! Visit the GMAT/GRE Test prep page for more info.
What happens after I complete MBA Prep?
After MBA Prep, there is a natural transition into the Professional Development program. The PD program is for individuals who are accepted to business school, as it focuses on pre-MBA internship and full-time recruiting as well as further career exploration.
What is MBA Prep?
MLT’s MBA Prep programs provide Black, Latinx, and Native American professionals with personalized guidance and effective tools to successfully navigate the business school application process, and optimize their MBA experience.
How long is the MBA Prep Program?
With the standard offering, the program lasts about 12 months, while the accelerated can be completed in 6-9 months.
What is MBA Prep’s acceptance rate?
90% of our MBA Prep Fellows are accepted into a Top-10 business school, 100% of our MBA Prep Accelerated Fellows were admitted into a Top 10 business school.
Who are the MBA Prep coaches?
Scroll down to the bottom of the MBA Prep page to learn more about our MBA Prep coaches.
Are there any MBA Prep events I can attend?
Check out our Events page for any upcoming events.
Why do I need MBA Prep?
When you compare MLT’s MBA Prep program to private admissions counseling organizations and consulting groups, the choice is clear. The access MLT offers directly to top business schools, industry partners and incredibly talented peers is unparalleled. The MBA Prep program is designed to change and enhance your career trajectory, but it’s also designed to change YOU.
What are the benefits of MBA Prep?
- Personalized coaching to develop a winning game plan for admission
- Access to top MBA program admissions officers at three seminars that are hosted by our business school and corporate partners
- Deep experience and knowledge to cultivate personal clarity and help fellows identify which schools are the best fit
- A network of high-performing peers in the MLT community
What are seminars, and when are they held?
Each seminar tackles a different part of the MBA application process. Attendance and participation at each seminar is mandatory. MBAP Prep Kickoff is held in March. You meet your coach and your fellow cohort members in person and the entire MBA Prep Class. Summer Seminar is held in June, and includes more opportunities to network with admissions officers. The pre-application seminar is held in July/August, and will be your last time with everyone in one space.
Who are MLT’s Business schools partners?
MLT has 30 business school partners, many of which are top 10, top 25, or top 5 schools. Our MBA Prep Fellows connect directly with members of their Admissions Committees as they prepare for application success. Visit the Partners page to view a list of our Graduate Business School Partners.
Ready to apply? Apply Now