The Career Prep application is now closed.
Applications will reopen in the summer of 2021.
- College sophomore (graduating in Fall 2022, Spring 2023, Summer 2023)
- U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident (includes DACA participants)
- African American, Latinx, or Native American (if you represent more than one race, one of them must be African American, Latinx, or Native American)
- Fellows are expected to maintain a 3.0 GPA minimum while participating in the program
- Career interest in business or technology (but we accept all majors)
- Ability to complete monthly assignments and attend all virtual or in-person seminars
All application materials must be submitted through our online portal. Please do not send materials (including transcripts) via mail or email. Please do not send materials (including transcripts) via mail or email. There are five tasks to complete initially as a part of the application process:
- Preliminary Questionnaire
- Application Form
- Recommendation Request
- Resume Upload
- Transcript Upload (Unofficial or Official)
Those selected to continue in the process will have the opportunity to submit a video response.
Candidates will provide basic information, including:
- Work Experience
- College/University Experience
- Extracurricular Activities and Leadership Impact
- Career and Industry Interests
- SAT and or ACT score(s) are Optional
MLT requires one (up to two) written recommendations. After submitting a recommendation request through the application portal, the recipient will receive an email with a link to the online recommendation form. The form takes approximately 5 – 10 minutes to complete. Please carefully consider who can provide you with the best recommendation. Your options include, but are not limited to, past or current supervisors, college professors, student club advisors, and community leaders. Do not ask for a recommendation from a current student. It is advisable to provide your recommender with information about MLT, Career Prep, and why you want to participate in the program. Please give your recommender sufficient time to complete your request. Remember, instead of a formal letter of recommendation, you are asking recommenders to answer several short questions.
You are required to submit a current resume (preferably one page) that includes your professional and extracurricular activities. Get started with your best resume by using this template.
We accept official or unofficial transcripts with all of your classes and grades. Please begin the process to obtain your unofficial transcript as soon as you decide to apply. If admitted, applicants must submit an official transcript.
The Career Prep Program offers multiple program tracks that provide exclusive access to industry leaders and exposure to the bar of excellence at these corporations. Cohorts are generally grouped by industry interest, for example, Software Engineering, Consulting, Supply Chain, Housing/Real Estate, etc.
The Selection Process
After submitting an application, we will do a preliminary review and invite a group of candidates to complete a video response. Those who complete the video response will advance to the second review stage.
Admittance to the Career Prep program is selective. Outstanding candidates demonstrate excellence in the following areas:
Smart Skills (Aptitude & Ability)
Analytical & Critical Thinking
“Scrappy” Skills (Personal Orientation & Mindset)
- Accountability & Attention to Detail
- Self-awareness and Emotional Intelligence
Savvy Skills (Personal & Professional Development)
Demonstrated commitment to personal and professional growth through participation in professional organizations, internships, and other activities.