The Career Prep application is open!
Application Priority Deadlines
There are two rounds within the application process – Application Round and Final Round. The following deadlines correspond with the completion of Final Round tasks. Applicants who submit by one of the following deadlines will receive their decision within two to four weeks.
- September 15, 2022
- October 15, 2022
- November 15, 2022
- College sophomore (graduating in Fall 2024, Spring 2025, Summer 2025 – Summer 2025 includes July and August of 2025.)
- U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident (includes DACA participants)
- African American, Latinx, or Native American (if you represent more than one race, one of them must be African American, Latinx, or Native American)
- There is no GPA requirement to apply. However, fellows are expected to maintain a 3.0 GPA minimum while participating in the program
- Career interest in Business or Technology (but we accept all majors.)
- Ability to complete monthly assignments and attend all virtual or in-person seminars
Applicants must not be pursuing graduate school immediately after completing undergrad.
All application materials must be submitted through our online portal. Please do not send materials (including transcripts) via mail or email. We recommend completing the application on a laptop or desktop. There are five tasks to complete initially as a part of the application process:
- Preliminary Eligibility
- Application Form
- Resume Upload
- Transcript Upload (Unofficial or Official)
Those selected to continue in the process will have tasks to complete as Career Prep Finalists.
- Video Response
- Partner Questionnaire Survey
- Confirmation of Expected Graduation Date
Candidates will provide basic information, including:
- Work Experience
- College/University Experience
- Extracurricular Activities and Leadership Impact
- Career and Industry Interests
You are required to submit a current resume (preferably one page) that includes your professional and extracurricular activities. Get started with your best resume by using this template.
Transcripts from all colleges/universities attended should be uploaded to the application. These transcripts, which can be official or unofficial, should include all courses (both completed and “in progress”) and grades completed to date. Please begin the process to obtain your transcript as soon as you decide to apply.
In the Preliminary Eligibility section, you’ll be asked to select a program track:
Career Prep uses program tracks to guide the learning of Career Prep Fellows. Think of the “program track” as you would your college major—an area of study that will shape your experience in the program through tailored material and coach-matching. If you are unsure as to which program track you are interested in, read more about our offerings here.
The Selection Process
After submitting an application, we will do a preliminary evaluation and invite selected candidates to complete a video response and a partner-interest survey. Those who complete these tasks will undergo a final evaluation before advancing to the Review stage.
Admittance to the Career Prep program is selective. Outstanding candidates demonstrate excellence in the following areas:
Smart Skills (Aptitude & Ability)
Analytical & Critical Thinking
“Scrappy” Skills (Personal Orientation & Mindset)
- Accountability & Attention to Detail
- Self-awareness and Emotional Intelligence
Savvy Skills (Personal & Professional Development)
Demonstrated commitment to personal and professional growth through participation in professional organizations, internships, and other activities.
Return to Career Prep Program for additional info, testimonials, and more.