The Career Prep application is OPEN!
For additional info, testimonials, and other resources:Return to the Career Prep page
2023-24 Application Priority Deadlines
There are two rounds within the application process – Application Round and Final Round. The following deadlines correspond with the completion of Final Round application tasks. Applicants who submit their application by one of the following deadlines will receive a decision within four to six weeks.
September 15, 2023
October 15, 2023
November 15, 2023
February 1, 2024 (Software Engineering/Technology program track ONLY)
- College sophomore (graduating in Fall 2025, Spring 2026, Summer 2026 – Summer 2026 includes July and August of 2026.)
- U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident (includes DACA participants)
- African American, Latine, or Native American (if you represent more than one racial/ethnic identity, one of them must be African American, Latine, or Native American)
- There is no GPA requirement to apply. However, Fellows are expected to maintain a 3.0 GPA minimum while participating in the program
- Career interest in Business or Technology (but we accept all majors)
- Ability to complete monthly assignments and attend all virtual or in-person seminars required for the completion of the program
*Applicants must not be pursuing graduate school or any other professional school immediately after completing undergrad.
All Career Prep application materials must be submitted through our online portal. Please do not send materials (including transcripts) via mail or email. We recommend completing the application on a laptop or desktop. There are five tasks to complete initially as a part of the application process.
Application Round Tasks:
- Preliminary Eligibility
- Application Form
- Transcript Upload (Unofficial or Official)
Those selected to continue in the application process will have additional tasks to complete as Career Prep Finalists.
Final Round Tasks:
- Resume Upload
- Video Response
- Confirmation of Expected Graduation Date
When filling out the Career Prep application form, candidates will provide basic information, including:
- Work Experience
- College/University Experience
- Extracurricular Activities and Leadership Impact
- Career and Industry Interests
In the Preliminary Eligibility section of the application, you’ll be asked to select a Career Prep program track:
Career Prep uses program tracks to guide the learning of Career Prep Fellows. Think of the ‘program track’ as you would your college major—an area of study that will shape your experience in the program through tailored material and coach-matching. If you are unsure of which program track you are interested in, read more about our offerings to determine which one suits you best.
Transcripts from all colleges/universities attended should be uploaded with your application. These transcripts, which can be official or unofficial, should include all courses (both completed and ‘in progress’) and grades completed to date. Please begin the process of obtaining your transcripts as soon as you decide to apply to this program.
The Selection Process
After submitting your application, we will do a preliminary evaluation and invite selected candidates to upload their resume, complete a video response, and confirm their expected graduation date, as part of the ‘Final Round’ tasks. Those who complete these tasks will undergo a final evaluation before advancing to the Review stage of the application process.
You are required to submit a current resume (preferably one page) that includes your professional and extracurricular activities. Get started with your best resume by using this template.
Admittance to the Career Prep program is selective. Outstanding candidates demonstrate excellence in the following areas:
Smart Skills (Aptitude & Ability)
Analytical & Critical Thinking
“Scrappy” Skills (Personal Orientation & Mindset)
- Accountability & Attention to Detail
- Self-awareness and Emotional Intelligence
Savvy Skills (Personal & Professional Development)