Management Leadership for Tomorrow (MLT and its programs including MLT Career Prep, MLT MBA Prep, MLT MBA Professional Development, MLT Turn Pro, MLT Career Advancement Program, MLT Black Equity at Work) is a national nonprofit working to transform our country’s leadership pipelines and increase access to the American Dream. MLT provides Black, Latinx, and Native American talent with the coaching, playbook, and networks they need in order to excel in high-trajectory careers, secure economic mobility for their families, and become high-impact senior leaders equipped to advocate for vulnerable communities. MLT also provides a comprehensive solution for institutions, which combines best-in-class recruitment, retention, and diversity strategy offerings.
For more information about our Services, please refer to our website: https://www.mlt.org
- the use of MLT.org or MLTBlackEquityatWork.org (“Website”),
- the use of the application website MLTx (http://app.mlt.org) or http://app.MLTblackequityatwork.org (“Application”),
- social media messages and marketing campaigns, and
- the use of our products and services inclusive of any other MLT services and applications
- Website visitor
- End-user of the Application (“End User”)
- Prospective client
- Job applicant, and
- Corporate and University Partners
- MLT Program and Application enterprise clients
- MLT Technology Partners
Incorporated clients contract the use of our Application and give access to their employees and other third parties, as solely decided by them, by creating users who access the Application with their email address and credentials. The Clients’ administrators grant End Users roles, which result in different permissions and access rights to the information held in the Client account.
Individual application End Users are required to accept Terms of Service for the MLT Application they use.
2.0 Personal information we collect
2.1 Information you choose to provide to us
We may ask you to provide personal information, including when:
- You use the Website to download articles, data sheets or complete program applications
- We or Client account administrators grant you access to the Application
- You or Client account administrators upload or enter personal information into the Application
- You attend MLT Program events and other networking events
- You connect with us directly via email, phone calls or video conferencing platforms
- You register or attend a webinar or other event
- You pay for our Services.
- You refer a friend to us
If you choose to provide us with a third party’s Personal Information (the person’s name, email and company) when taking part in our referral program, you represent that you have the third party’s permission to do so and that you are doing so in compliance with applicable law.
The personal information we collect may include first and last name, business email address, phone number, company name.
As an End User of the Application, we collect your name, business email address and any comments you make in the Application.
- employee names, email addresses, and contractual agreements,
- vendor names, email addresses, contractual agreements or other personal data necessary for Management Leadership for Tomorrow Services,
- Race or ethnicity information
- customer names and email addresses used to provide Services within Management Leadership for Tomorrow’s platform,
- And any other data that you or a client of MLT chooses to provide to us
As a Job Applicant, we may also collect your resume and cover letter.
2.2 Information we collect automatically
We collect information about your visits to the Website and the Application when you land on any of our web pages through cookies and similar tracking technology.
The information collected includes:
- access times
- the pages you view
- the links you click on
- the search terms you enter
- actions you take in connection with any of the visited pages
- your device information such as IP address, location, browser type and language
- the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) of the website that referred you to our website and
- the URL you browse away from our pages if you click on an external link
We may also collect information when you open email messages from us or click on links within those email messages.
3.0 How we use personal information
We use your Personal Information to:
- Deliver the contracted Services and allow full use of the Application functionality as purchased by the Clients
- Deliver training and support to our Application End Users and/or carry out the transactions you have requested
- Respond to and answer questions or requests that you may submit to MLT
- Connect you to individuals or organizations that may assist in career development
- Deliver coaching and training optimized for your personal situation and experience
- To communicate with you directly through emails, calls, chats, video conferencing
- Process payments for Application subscriptions
- Send communications to you about:
- new Application features and upgrades
- our services and offerings
- event announcements
- product notices and changes to our terms and policies
- particular programs in which you have chosen to participate
- promotional offers and surveys
- Advertise and market our products and services, including delivering interest-based advertisements on this Website and other sites or content syndication platforms and websites.
- Create and manage MLT, MLT affiliates, and MLT business partners marketing and awareness campaigns
- Analyze user clicks and usage of the Application and Website to improve user experience and maximize usage of our Services
- Manage our Website and Application in order to maintain and deliver the contracted functionality and services,
- Inform you of MLT activities such as meetings, conferences, seminars, and other offerings
- Inform you about services and programs related to MLT and/or offered by contracted Partners
- Enforce our Website and Application Terms and/or separate contracts (if applicable) with you
- Prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities
- Cross-reference applicant, fellow, or alumni data with data received from third-parties (such as confirming employment or job application status)
- Protect or defend a legal interest if MLT has reasonable grounds to believe that the personal data would be useful when investigating a contravention of federal, state, local, provincial, or foreign law
- Protect the security or integrity of the Website, Application, our business or Services; or
- Otherwise, as disclosed to you at the point of collection or as required or permitted by law.
For MLT program applicants, fellows, and alumni: MLT may disclose some personal information to MLT Partners such as name, email address, and college/university for the purpose of verifying MLT Program(s) status and/or MLT Partner(s) status.
We do not sell your information to any third party without further consent from you.
4.0 How we share personal information
Our Application and Services
If you are an End User of the MLTx Application, your personal information may be viewed by other users with access to that Application.
It is possible that we may need to disclose personal information when required by law, subpoena, or other legal processes as identified in the applicable legislation.
We attempt to notify our clients about legal demands for their personal data when appropriate in our judgment unless prohibited by law or court order or when the request is an emergency.
Change in Control
We can also share your personal data as part of a change in control of organization (e.g. if we were to merge with another organization) or in preparation for such an event.
5.0 How we secure personal information
We are committed to protecting the security of all of the personal information we collect and use.
We use a variety of physical, administrative and technical safeguards designed to help protect it from unauthorized access, use and disclosure. Although no data security precautions are 100 percent effective, we have implemented commercially reasonable standards and controls. We use encryption technologies to protect data at rest and in transit.
6.0 How long we keep your personal information
We retain information as long as it is reasonably necessary to provide the Services to you and our Clients, subject to any legal obligations to further retain such information.
We may also retain information to comply with the law, prevent fraud, collect fees, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with investigations, enforce our Terms of Service and take other actions permitted by law.
Information connected to you that is no longer necessary and relevant to provide our Services may be de-identified or aggregated with other non-personal data to provide insights which are commercially valuable to Management Leadership for Tomorrow, such as statistics of the use of the Services.
We will not sell, share or trade our donors’ names or personal information with any other entity, nor send mailings to our donors on behalf of other organizations for their charitable appeals.
MLT may request donations by sending electronic newsletters or other emails. You may opt-out of future mailings by selecting “unsubscribe” at the bottom of any such email.
To the extent any donations are processed through a third-party service provider, our donors’ information will be used for purposes necessary to process the donation and will not be shared with others for their own commercial purposes.
This policy applies to all information received by MLT, both online and offline, on any platform (including MLT’s website) as well as through electronic, written, or oral communications.
8.0 Other Important Information
We process data in locations within the United States but will rely on legally-provided mechanisms to lawfully transfer data across borders, such as contracts incorporating data protection and sharing obligations if our Services are made available outside of the United States.
We will only collect and process personal data about you where we have a lawful reason for its collection.
When you visit our Website and provide us with your personal information, we collect and use it with your consent.
As an Application End User, you consent to our collection of your personal information when you log in for the first time. However, your employer has control of the account and may upload and share additional personal information. It is your employer’s responsibility to ensure the collection, use and sharing of the personal information uploaded to the Application complies with all applicable legislation.
You can review the terms and conditions of use here: https://mlt.org/mltx-terms-of-service/
Where we rely on your consent to process personal data, you have the right to withdraw or decline your consent at any time. If you have any questions about the lawful bases upon which we collect and use your personal data, please contact us at Support@mlt.org.
How to select your communications preferences
You may choose to receive or not receive marketing communications from us. To stop receiving marketing communications, please click the “Unsubscribe” link in the email we sent you.
Even if you opt-out of receiving marketing communications, we may still communicate with you in connection with security and privacy issues, servicing your account, fulfilling your requests, or administering any promotion or any program in which you may have elected to participate.
In the event of a conflict between policies publicly posted on MLT’s website and online applications and policies printed and distributed by MLT, the MLT website and online policies shall govern.
The California Shine the Light Law requires companies to disclose certain information about information shared with third parties that is used for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident, you may request information about the disclosure of your personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes by emailing Support@mlt.org.
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that can be set on some web browsers. MLT does not recognize or respond to browsers’ DNT signals.
9.0 Contact Information
You may contact us to exercise any of your rights or ask for more information about your personal information and our privacy practices by contacting us at Support@mlt.org.